Saturday, June 16, 2012

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

Hmm... 2.5 years of running and 1,000 km later, I made a count and realised I've trashed quite a number of shoes while trying to find the perfect shoe for my gait. Let's look at the list

Nike Pegasus 28
Asics Kayano 17
Newton Motion
Newton MV2
Saucony Kinvara 2
Saucony Cortana
Saucony Kinvara 3
Mizuno Wave Rider 15
Brooks Ghost 4

9 pair of shoes over 2.5 years, okay lah... lesser than my wife. :)

The surviving shoes I keep for rotation are the Kinvara 3, Wave Rider 15 and Ghost 4.

I wore the Kinvara 3 for the Sundown Marathon, after the 35 km mark, my arch hurts like hell and that's when I realise that I need some form of arch support. And in came the Wave Rider 15 and the Ghost 4.

My current favourite is the Ghost 4, fantastic shoe, I ran 10km with it easily and the legs felt good after that. I guess I can wear the Ghost 4 for distances up to 21km. The Wave Rider 15 will be my go-to shoe for Marathons. The Kinvara 3, while light and having a good feel, I'll keep them for runs up to 10km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home