Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Newton Running Shoes - Motion

My Asics Kayano 17 lasted me 9 months and 400km and gave up the ghost after the punishing New Balance Real Run which took it through sand... so after a bit of research and review, I realise I am actually a 'natural' runner... well, I land on my fore-foot instead of my heels. So I went around looking for shoes that support forefoot running, and wala, the Newton Running Shoes came up...

After a bit more research and reading up reviews, I decided to get the Motion Lightweight Trainer. They were not exactly cheap, at S$269 a pop, just S$10 cheaper than the Kayano. But I think I have the shoes for me... the fit was very good, and landing with the forefoot is a joy with the cushioning...



The new shoes is also noticeably lighter than the Kayano 17 (about 56 grams lighter), it does makes a difference towards the end of a long distance run. One of the best feature is that the mesh is very very breathable and will help to dry up moisture or sweat build-up in the feet quickly - excellent as I really perspire when I pound the road...

Now I'm ready to take on the next Marathon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home