Saturday, October 22, 2011

First run with the Newton

I try out the Newton this morning at East Coast, the shoes were a great fit, and it was very comfortable but it feels very very weird to walk in them. This is due to the 4 lugs at the forefoot area, it feels like you are walking over little humps all the time... but once I got into the running strides, the feeling is 'shiok', the 4 lugs act as cushion to the landing and I felt like I wanted to go faster which I did... I usually do a 1km every 7 minute but today it was 6 min 50 sec. I would attribute it to the shoes.

I am a natural 'forefoot striker', so I was very 'at home' with the Newton. It gave me the comfort and cushioning I never had when running with the Kayano 17.... I never knew there was so much in shoes engineering....

Happy with the investment. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home