Saturday, December 20, 2008

From Windows Mobile to Symbian



After having used Windows Mobile devices for a long time (from HP IPAQ 2210 to O2 Xphone II to O2 Atom Exec to HTC Touch Diamond), I switched to the Symbian platform a few days ago... in the form of the Nokia E71. Very different beast altogether, but I can say the experience is extremely pleasing and satisfying. The Symbian interface is very responsive and the software is definitely a lot more stable than Windows Mobile. The E71 is a class of it's own.

One of the reasons for the jump to the E71 is also because it feels so much better in the hand than the Touch Diamond which I previously had and the superb battery life.... I owned the Touch Diamond for about 6 months and traded in for the Nokia E71. The Touch Diamond does it's job but the battery life is really disappointing, I couldn't get past 1.5 days without reaching for the charger :(

Anyway, for those who are two minds about the E71, my recommendation is 'Go get it', you'll love the feel of the phone and the stability of the Symbian platform. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home