Friday, April 04, 2008

Homeward bound...

This must have been the longest time taken to reach home.... Wanting to utilise the maximum time to be Singapore for the long weekend, and wanting to utilise the miles I've accumulated traveling to and fro Singapore during my tenure in the Maldives, I redeemed the miles for 2 one-way ticket from Hong Kong to Singapore on Singapore Airlines and book the return tickets via JetStar... some savings I thought... boy was I wrong...

It was an early morning flight from HK, so I there was no decent ferry connection to HKIA from Macau, so we decided to go to HKIA the night before... We started our journey at 7.30pm on Wednesday, took an hour ferry ride to HK, took a cab to HKIA, stayed overnight at the airport hotel, and then finally took the flight to Singapore, and arrived at T3 at 12 noon the next day! Phew, that was some journey... all done to just get one day extra in Singapore!! Land, Sea, Air - all 3 modes of transport were used! It's of course more expensive eventually, but I get an extra day in Singapore to visit Funan Centre to get my hard disk, Sim Lim Square to update stuff, Ikea to get household items, eat Katong Laksa, eat Bak Chor Mee, have dinner at Cheryl's place... was it worth it? You bet!! :)

But I won't do it again, unless I can get a good connection from Macau ferry terminal direct to HKIA... Or hopefully Tiger Airways or JetStar start adding early morning flights :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home