Sunday, June 19, 2005

Daylight Robbery

For those who drive to JB or KL will know that it is not uncommon to be 'robbed' or extorted for money. Sometimes by policeman... It has happened to me a few times when I'm driving to JB or KL, but it was a surprise to me that this also happen in Langkawi! Yesterday after work, while on our way to Kuah, we were stopped by two policemen and they wanted to give us summons for not wearing our seatbelts. So in order not to inconvenience me, they say can pay a compound fine by cash. And this when I know what it's all about! So paid the 'compound fine' of RM50 to them and left. The best part was one of the senior policeman was the one that was at the road block the other time when I was involved in the accident. I'm sure he recognises me but chose to act blur...

Haizz, what to do, it's their way of life and without these 'compound fines', they actually can barely make ends meet with their salary...

Anyway, the incident didn't affect our enjoyable dinner at the Chinese restaurant :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home