Monday, March 21, 2005

Close encounter of the cow kind

Phew!! What a busy week!! Realised I haven't updated this blog for one week liao... Had to oversee the inventory count past two days and finally when it's all over this afternoon. I heave a sigh of relieve and went back to my room, took a shower and decided to roam island of Langkawi. Renting a car here is cheap, RM50 and you have the Proton Wira for 24 hrs, very good deal :)

Those who know me will know that I like to drive. It's really a pleasure driving in Langkawi cos the island is scenic and besides the town area in Kuah, traffic is minimal. But driving may not be as smooth along the roads in the rural area, cos you have to watch out for cows crossing, monkeys running across the roads etc. There are signboards warning motorists of potential animal hazards but truly experiencing one incident is so comical :P

On my way back to the resort around 10pm, (10pm very dark liao, cos no street lamps here mah) along one of the roads, there was this herd of cows crossing the road!! Don't know why 10pm liao, the cows still don't want to sleep and must cross the road at that hour!! Anyway, I slowed down as I was approaching them and there was this silly one that for don't know what reason decided to stay in the middle of the road. I stopped, waited for it, inches forward and the stupid cow still doesn't want to move. NB!! I flashed the headlights at it, horn at it, silly cow just turned and looked at me!! I inches forward a little more, horned and finally it turned and took its own sweet time and gelak gelak back to join the herd. Silly Cow!! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home