Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Vomit blood!

Okay okay, I did not literally vomit blood but that was what my colleague thought when I used that term! Well, it's another cultural difference here, just like in Maldives when I ask for 'liquid paper', nobody understands. :P

Anyway, here's the story - My job here is primarily debt collection and it's tough collecting money from people here, often either nobody picks up the phone or when somebody picks up the phone, he doesn't speak English well, and it takes while for him to understand me and a while for me to understand him. This afternoon when the staff was casually asking how's the debt chasing, I shook my head and goes, "Wah, vomit blood ah sometimes." and he couldn't understand what I was saying!! Hehe... luckily I smart, realised his confusion and immediately change my Singlish to English and he understood what I was trying to say :)

Never vomit blood lah, but nose bleed leh.... :P not because of anything lah, don't anyhow think!! It's because too heaty and too dry liao... But now better cos I force myself to drink at least two 1.5 litres of bottled water everyday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home