Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Riyadh - Day 1

Arrived last evening 1930 hrs local time and started work today. This morning 0600 hrs, the sun already rise up liao and by 1800 hrs, it's completely dark already. So daylight hours is rather short here.

I did a hotel tour this morning, and I tell you this place is HUGE!! This is the biggest backoffice area I've ever seen in any city hotel, everywhere is so spacious and HUGE!! Even my office is HUGE!! Bigger than my room at home, and there is only one big table and one filing cabinet in the room for me. The rest is empty space. Koazz!! I need a GPS to navigate within the hotel!! No kidding!!

About the city, there are no 'buildings' taller than 4 storeys. The hotel is the only 'building' in the whole of Riyadh!! At 99 storeys, it stands out right in the middle of the entire city. Will upload the pictures soon..

I'm staying in the hotel for the time being, and again as many have advised, DO NOT ROAM AROUND WITHOUT SOMEBODY WITH YOU! Haizz, so sian, after work come back here type blog... hahaha, so I'll be updating this almost everyday... and of course I've promised a friend to write book reviews so will be spending time doing some reading also... Not sure what else I can do here... Perhaps the highlight of tonight will be the Arsenal vs Man U match later in the night... Hope Man U wins :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home