Friday, February 11, 2005

Night out!!

It's the weekend again!! Half day for me today and then move back to have my own room. This room showed me the other side of the city, still the same though, flat out but at least I get to see the other tall building in the city - Al Faisailah Centre. Feeling extremely adventurous, and against all odds and the cold weather, I took a walk alone to the Al Faisailah Centre. Outside temperature was 12°C, and I had to put my hands in my pocket to keep them from turning numb :P

It was a nice long walk to the Al Faisailah Centre, about 40 minutes and along the way were shops and eateries. One thing about the shops, they're all very spacious and mainly branded-brands which I've never seen before. The Al Faisailah Centre is also a huge place, there is residential apartments, a hotel and also houses a huge shopping mall with a theme park at the basement. If you've been to the Times Square in KL or maybe our very own Millenia Walk, the malls in Saudi is something like that, big, spacious and with lots of branded stuff on offer... got MANGO also :P As the women in Saudi are not permitted to work, the sales staff are all males, including those in female under-garments store, lingerie store and cosmetic products, funny huh?

One thing I find very funny is there are actually many women stuff on sale and most of them are very fancy and colourful, but when in public, they can only appear in their black cloaks and reveal only their eyes. So, the question is , they buy all these nice nice things for what ah? Hmmm... let me explore more and I tell you all okay...

That pointed building in the middle is the Al Faisailah Centre :)





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's HP. Forgot my password for login which I need b4 I can post a msg : The view is v nice !!! Tho the country sounds v restrictive, the place n people sounds v nice .. :O)

08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home