Sunday, December 19, 2004

Because you're my girl...

His story

I'm a photographer, it's my passion. I shoot for fashion magazines and my photos are widely used. It was a fine Saturday when I saw her. I was doing an outdoor shooting session, and she unknowingly walk into the set and I caught a few pictures of her on camera. She was startled, our eyes met, she smiled, apologise and left quickly. I was stunned, she's not drop dead gorgeous but she had this beautiful smile and her eyes were the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever lay my eyes on. Back in the darkroom, I quickly developed her picture, it was perfect, the bright warm smile and the pair of beautiful eyes - my dream girl.

I thought I will never see her again but there she was... On a Saturday afternoon, my car broke down and I had to take a cab. She was there waiting for a cab, charming as ever. We realise we both work in the same office building. We became very good friends, the following six months were the best times of my life... She became my best model and I told her one day, she'll be on the front cover of the magazines... She smiled.

One day, a Saturday afternoon again, she came over and help me with the photos. I asked her to help me with some chemicals from the top shelf, and then it happened. An uncapped bottle fell from the shelf and the toxic chemicals spilled on her. I rushed her to the hospital and she was put into intensive care. The chemicals have hurt her eyes badly and even if she recovers, she'll lose her sight, and her beautiful pair of eyes.

I was devastated. I couldn't eat or sleep the next few days, and do not have the motivation to work anymore. But now I've made up my mind, today is Saturday, I'm writing these parting words, because after today, I will never see her again....


Her story

It was a warm Saturday afternoon, I was strolling in the park. I wasn't paying attention and stray into a photo-shoot set. Oops, really clumsy of me, I apologise to the photographer. I thought he looked a little funny cos he just stood there, looking at me and smiling. The photographer had a warm smile, one that would melt girl's hearts. As it was my fault for interrupting his work, I apologise and left the scene quickly. But I was still around to look at him work. He is very professional and he seems very dedicated to his work.

I thought I will never see him again but one Saturday afternoon, as I was waiting for a cab to go home. Out of nowhere, he came up to me to say 'hello'. I was a little shock but was pleasantly surprised. He worked in the same office building too. From that day onwards, we had lunch together and went out often, he was most attentive and caring. It was the best six months of my life... He also taught me how to pose in front of a camera and the shots he took were beautiful. He told me I have a pair of beautiful eyes and I have the potential to make it to the cover page one day. I just smiled.

One Saturday afternoon, I went over to his dark room to help him with his work. I was trying to get a bottle of chemical from the top shelf when it spilled on me. I felt a sharp pain in my eyes and the next thing I know I'm lying in the hospital with bandages over my eyes. He has not come to visit me, why is that so? Is he angry with me, I tried to call him but he did not answer the phone. I'm sad. The doctor said that there will be an operation on Saturday to implant a cornea so that I can see again.

The operation was a success, and as they removed my bandages I thought he will be the first person I will see but my wish did not come true. I tried to call him but his number is no longer available, he has also moved. One day, I received in the mail, the latest fashion magazine and there I was, on the front cover. He delivered his promise, but where is he now. Has he forgotten about me?

Two months later, on a Saturday afternoon, I was strolling again in the park where we first met, I saw a familiar figure. It was him, sitting on a bench with dark glasses and a dog. He never had a dog. As I walked towards him, a strong gust of wind blew something in his hands away. He appeared shock and tried to recover the thing in a clumsy way. And it was then that I realise he is now blind! I ran towards him, picked up the thing and put it into his hands. It was the photograph of me that he took when we first met. I could no longer hold back my tears.... because now I know why he never came to see me... He gave up his sight so that I can have mine...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful story!!!

00:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home