Monday, November 29, 2004

Thai Karaoke

Was down with Flu and indigestion the past two days :( No appetite to eat also... first time falling sick in this country :( This evening, feeling a lot better, decided to accept the invitation to the 'Asian House' for dinner :) So-called the Asian House because so happened that the occupants are all from South East Asian Countries, we also have the Indonesian House, Japanese House, House of divers etc... :) Anyway, back to the dinner, we had steamboat tonight and the girls made some very nice desserts to go along...

After dinner, the guys gathered at the TV to watch Liverpool beat Arsenal 2 goals to 1 with a late goal in injury time. Well done Liverpool :) The gals were just sitting around having their girls' talk... and me being the only bachelor (out of the 6 guys) , was swarmed with questions from the Filipina/Thai/Malaysian gals how come I don't want to get married, maybe because men in their country marry at an early age, hence they were surprised to see me still unattached. Hehehe.. told them don't 'ka-jiao' me, I'm watching soccer, they were persistent for a while but in the end left me alone when I told them 'time not come' and that these kind of things cannot rush one, if I want to get married, long long time ago already done so... what am I waiting for? I don't know also, maybe waiting for the sky to drop me a wife :P What I do know is that if I were to settle down one day, it will be with a Singaporean girl. Ya I know, people complained about Singapore gals, but to me, communication is an important aspect, and somehow I find it easier and a lot more comfortable communicating with them as they will understand the things and terms we used. Just take for eg, when the gals here asked me what I did during my trip home, I told them nothing much, just stay at home and 'nua'... none of them understand what is 'nua'. Well, of course I can't expect them to know the slangs that we used, but communication have to come naturally and it would be really nice to know that someone whom you are going to spend the rest of your life with speak your language... Oops, did I whine too much... hehehe... wanted to delete what I written, no need for the whole world to know this but aiya... what the heck, it's a cyber world anyway, it's the 'me' in the real world that matters, so just leave it as it is... :)

Anyway, back to the evening, as the mood was still high, the few Thais decided to have a karaoke session. So the laptop was hooked up to the sound system and there we have the home-made karaoke :) Well, we sang all Thai songs, although I don't know any Thai but just sang along cos got English words to follow. All very beautiful sentimental Thai songs although they were mainly about broken hearts, and working away from home and missing the loved ones... The Thai guys can really sing very well, and of course I'm not too bad either :P

Had a very pleasant evening.... :) As I've slept for almost the whole of today (sick mah..), so still feeling very fresh, I came back to the office to pen this evening's events and thoughts as they were still fresh in my mind... After this, I'll probably go to the jetty to look at my 3 stars (still haven't name them yet) and talk to the Nepalese security guard... I like to talk to him, he's an 'old man', already a grandfather and has been working here since day one... Always got stories to tell me and I always tell him about my 'army' stories... Actually, if not for the 'army', I couldn't have survived here and I wouldn't have so much 'bullshit' to 'sian' the people here :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home