Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Life is like a box of chocolates...

This morning went for sunrise kayak with 6 guests, a Russian couple, a Japanese couple and an Australian couple (both Doctors). The Russian gentlemen was a BIG man and he had problems getting in and out of the kayak, and I've to help him everytime. After watching the sunrise, on the return trip I pulled the kayak closer to the waters for him to get on, I thought it would be a little easier for him and me. I did not noticed that the water was still quite shallow (mistake no.1), and once he settled into the kayak, I did not notice that the kayak sank into the sand (mistake no.2). After I helped his wife settled in and tried to get the kayaks moving, to my horror, because it got stuck in the sands, it didn't move an inch!! Although I could have asked the gentlemen to get off the kayak which will make things A LOT easier but being service oriented , I didn't (not nice mah!!). So I pull and pull and pull, ran to the back to push and push and push. Eventually, after exhausting almost all my energy, I managed to get the kayaks into the water... yeah, happines!! But I was totally drained, took a minute to recover and quickly catch up with the other guests!!

The Australian couple was really nice and very friendly, the Japanese, as usual lor - chicken and duck, with my half-past six Japanese, I don't understand what they say, and they don't understand what I say. Although the Russian couple spoke little English, but still we could somewhat understood each other, and I guess he also 'pai seh' because of the 'kayak got stuck' incident and insisted that I take the USD20 tips from him :) Just yesterday I was complaining about the drop in exchange rates making me lose out on salary and this morning I 'recovered' the losses... Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get :)

But I did not take the tips lah... cos Management staff not allowed to :(

So I'm still complaining 'money no enough'... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home