Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Crazy thing to do in the water



3 more day and I'll be on my way home :)

So sad, cos USD is weakening against the SGD, that means I'm losing out on the exchange rate on my salary :( Although may not be much, but the exchange difference can be used to watch a movie, eat Laksa, ba chor mee, char kway teow, hokkien mee, prawn noodles... etc. Anybody watched 'Shark Tale' yet, seems interesting from the trailers but according to the reviews, it wasn't that good. How about '2046', 'Taxi' ? Hmmm... it's movie time when I get back home... ;)

This morning I gave a short history lesson to my staff. Out of the blue, they asked me whether 'Singapore' has got any meaning. So I told them the story about Sang Nila Utama, how his ship was caught in the storm and he had to throw his crown into the water to calm the storms and then when he saw the lion in the jungle and named the fishing village 'Singapura'. Not bad ya, at least I got something to tell people about the history of our country and can 'smoke' them a bit about the 'rich history' of Singapura - the Lion City :) We all know 'Singa' means 'lion' in Malay, I was just wondering if that time, our dear Sang Nila Utama saw a tiger and named it as 'Tiger City', our country will be called 'Harimau-pura' :P And perhaps we won't be having Tiger beer liao, maybe call Lion beer :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home