Monday, November 01, 2004

Rihiveli Beach Resort

Spent two days at Rihiveli Beach Resort, which is in the Southern part of Maldives and an hour speedboat ride from the Airport. Although the beaches are beautiful and the water is crsytal clear, and sealife aplenty, Rihiveli is not your typical luxury resort, the resort is run Robinson Crusoe style and so are the rooms. There's no swimming pool in the resort, no TV, no radio, no phone, no aircon, no hot water in the room! Notice the tree trunk 'growing' in the middle of the room? Facilities are bare minimum and they only serve Maldivian food and you eat with your hands. :) Really machiam Castaway!!



The guests (mainly ang mohs) that I've met and spoke to seems to like it as it really brings them back to 'kampong style', walking around barefooted, swimming and sunbathing topless or not wearing anything... ahem.. (but I kept my eyes to myself lah)!!! For me, no hot water to bath, I already sian half :( But I still managed to enjoyed myself a little and had a nice tan :)

The bad experience here was when I was threading through the waters to go to the other deserted island, some white kingfishers tried to attacked me. Although the 'attack' lasted only a while and they retreated after I kept splashing the sea waters at them but one of them scratched my arm. Not really serious injuries but is enough to make me return to seek medical attention. I later learnt from the locals that the kingfishers rarely attack humans, hmmm... maybe the kingfishers didn't like my face :(


This is the island I was trying to explore and the stupid kingfishers scratched my arm :( #%*&$@ 王八蛋!!

So for those who want an adventurous holiday and wants to live Robinson Crusoe style, can try Rihiveli :P But if you're looking for a nice relaxing, holiday in the Maldives, Rihiveli Beach Resort is not the place.

More photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/kokwhee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home