Thursday, October 14, 2004

Maahefun celebrations

Maahefun celebration marks the beginning of the ramadan, where the muslims in Maldives 'celebrate' the taking of their last meal before beginning the month-long fasting. It is a traditional celebration where everybody gathered to have their last meal before fasting and thereafter the staff began to throw any living thing that moves into the sea!! Kaozz, I was not spared, even though I was hiding in the office that time. A bunch of big and strong guys came into the office and literally dragged me and my boss from the office to the supply jetty and dunk us into the sea! Hehehe... luckily I was already prepared for this and already had my swimming trunks underneath, but my boss quite poor thing cos he can't swim :P

And since I'm already drenched, it became my turn to dunk people into the water and that was a lot of fun!! Nobody was spared, and I also had a hand in throwing the GM into the sea... :P

I think the Maahefun celebration initially was just gathering to eat and somehow it slowly evolved into throwing people into the sea... talk about traditions. Anyway, after the dunking, I went home, showered, and went back to the canteen and indulge in a cup of hot tea and a MAGNUM double chocolate ice-cream!! Yummy!!

And with this, it marks the beginning of my first taste of having to fast for one month... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home